The donation process steps with are very simple.
1. Determine the amount you are able to donate. Maximums for 2018 are $1,107 if you file your taxes as a single and $2,213 if file your taxes married.
2. Determine if you would like to recommend a school or a student for your donation. If recommending a student, you will need to know both the students name and the school they attend. Recommending a student is optional. Arizona Tuition Connection will follow the intent of your recommendation to the extent the law will allow. It is important to realize that not every student is eligible to receive every type of scholarship award. Donations received with out a student recommendation or donations received in which the recommended student is not eligible, will be pooled and awarded to low income families.
3. Make your donation. You can donate on this secured website, by check or by phone. Once your donation is received we will process it and send you a receipt.
4. Take the credit. Take your donation as a credit on your Arizona State Taxes and check to see if it can be deducted off of your Federal taxes too.
Your donated funds will be used to award scholarships to students attending qualified private K-12 schools in Arizona.
There are some rules you need to be aware of:
1. It is against the rules to donate to kids within your own household.
2. It is against the rules to swap donations with another family.
Have questions? Call us. We want to hear from you.
A SCHOOL TUITION ORGANIZATION CANNOT AWARD, RESTRICT OR RESERVE SCHOLARSHIPS SOLELY ON THE BASIS OF A DONOR’S RECOMMENDATION. A TAXPAYER MAY NOT CLAIM A TAX CREDIT IF THE TAXPAYER AGREES TO SWAP DONATIONS WITH ANOTHER TAXPAYER TO BENEFIT EITHER TAXPAYER’S OWN DEPENDENT.